Jun 05, 2017
So, you have just finished setting up your first smartphone, there are lakhs of apps to choose from and you are figuring out which ones first to install? Don't worry, we have prepared a list of 5 apps that are a must-have in your brand new smartphone. Take a look:
1. Antivirus: Anyone who has ever used the internet will vouch for the “n” number of viruses, malware and spyware that are itching to breach your smartphone and wreck havoc. If you want to avoid the rigorous and boring task of formatting your device and starting from scratch, install this reputed antivirus app. Better to be safe than sorry.
2. Facebook: Facebook in several ways represents the world of social media. Yes, there's Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat among others, but none command the sheer number of users, usage time and penetration as Facebook – which is in a league of its own!
3. Whatsapp: “How come you're not on Whatsapp?” is a question you'll often be confronted with if you're not on the messaging platform, which is easily one of the most popular apps across the globe.
4. CCleaner: As your usage increases, there's a good chance you'll end up accumulating a tonne of cookies, cache and other unnecessary data that will end up eating your storage space and RAM, thereby slowing your device considerably. Install any junk cleaner to ensure your smartphone works at the optimum level.
5. Pixlr-o-matic: The camera on your smartphone might be awesome but images look even more magical with a powerful photo-editing app like Pixlr-o-matic. Plus, there are also several occasions when the lighting or colours are not up to the mark. In this case, a photo-editing app can turn a mundane click into a work of art. Not to mention, you'll attract much more likes and comments on social media.