Jun 05, 2017
Our smartphones mean the world to us. Apart from serving their basic purpose of communication, phones today are also the best entertainers, a storage system where we secure our memories in the form of images & videos and a medium to gain knowledge from the internet as well. Hence, it’s absolutely necessary to ensure the safety of our smartphones. Here are 5 tips to help you secure your smartphone –
1. Insurance: An insurance comes in handy if your phone gets stolen or broken accidentally. You certainly won’t want to spend a huge amount again in replacing your phone or getting it repaired. Getting an insurance won’t cost you much and it’s worth it as well.
2. Use a password/pattern lock: Our smartphones store a lot of our private data too. Make sure your data is safe by adding a password or a pattern lock to your phone. The option to activate this lock can be found in the settings of your phone.
3. Download only from trusted sources: Download only from stores such as Google Play. Before you download, make sure you check the user reviews to avoid any foul play.
4. Turn off Wi-Fi & Bluetooth when not in use:Thieves can access your phone through Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. Make sure your Wi-Fi is secured with a password and you switch it off when not in use.
5. Log out of sites after the payment is done: Most of us bank or shop online from our smartphones. Once the transaction is complete, log out of the site. In addition, make sure you never store your usernames and passwords on your phone.